Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a site
2. Create a folder in that site's document library
3. Populate that folder with a large amount of content (I'm testing with ~110,000 files in several hundred sub-folders)
4. Delete the folder
- Folder is deleted.
- Various results, including:
- Silent failure - "Please wait. Files being deleted..." dialog disappears after some time but folder is still visible, even after refreshing
- Error - "Please wait. Files being deleted..." dialog disappears after some time, replaced with "Could not delete files." dialog.
- Eventual deletion - after either of the above behaviours, the folder may (in some, but not all cases) eventually disappear from the repository. This is not guaranteed however - sometimes multiple deletions are necessary before the folder is finally deleted.