1) Start alfresco and solr 6 with ssl enabled.
2) Navigate to admin console and select Index server sharding.
3) Select the manage button.
4) Add solr location to index server input e.g. https://localhost:8983/solr
5) Select create alfresco or archive
It does not create a working index.
It needs to add:
It may also need to set the port if this was changed at installation time,.
Low impact fix on an admin screen calling existing verified functionality.
Does not affect search behaviour once it is confirmed the index is built and tracking as expected.