Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 4.0.b Community, Community Edition 201512 EA
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Admin Console (Share)
Security Level: external (External user)
Resolution Time Custom Field:274 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, 42 minutes, 9 seconds
The Share category manager currently only handles standard categories from the cm:generalclassifiable classification. This is very limiting for applications that require custom classifications or additional metadata associated with categories. The attached patch file enhances the category manager (and some related components of Share / the repository) to allow management and usage of custom classifications and custom category types.
Changes made by the patch:
- allow forms to supply a destination child-association when creating nodes (implementing a TODO in the current code base)
- add a web script to the repository tier that lists the available classification aspects
- enhance the Share category manager to handle multiple classification aspects
- enhance the Share category manager to use forms for category management (creation / modification)
- provide a configuration option to hide certain classification aspects in the category manager
- provide a configuration option to specify wether a form should be used to modify the categories of a certain classification and what type of category should be created
- enhance the picker children web script on the repository tier to specify wether an element "is a category"
- patch the object-finder component in the web framework, replacing a hard type check with an evaluation of the new "is a category" property to handle category subtypes
The second patch file provides a sample model, bootstrap view, Share configuration and Spring Surf extension to work with the enhancements made by this contribution.
Please note: The last two items in the change list have previously been submitted to Alfresco Support as ACT #15024-37043 in the context of a customer project unrelated to this contribution.