Uploaded image for project: 'Alfresco'
  1. Alfresco
  2. ALF-21758

Share integration fails on special characters like space

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: In Progress (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Blocker
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: Community Edition 201609 EA
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Security Level: external (External user)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Security Severity:
      None
    • Triage:
      ACE

      Description

      The AOS that came with Alfresco Community Edition 201609 EA fails on special characters like the space character.

      It's the same behaviour as described in the already closed issue: ACE-2310

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment - - edited

            Incidentally I encountered the same problem with a customer using 201605 GA Repository (5.1.g) 201606 EA Share (5.1.g) and Alfresco Office Services 1.1.3. Interestingly we have observed different behaviours depending on the Office application. Excel will work with the current encoding scheme while Word and PowerPoint fail (tests using Office 2016).
            The initial user that reported the problem was using Office 2010.

            Show
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment - - edited Incidentally I encountered the same problem with a customer using 201605 GA Repository (5.1.g) 201606 EA Share (5.1.g) and Alfresco Office Services 1.1.3. Interestingly we have observed different behaviours depending on the Office application. Excel will work with the current encoding scheme while Word and PowerPoint fail (tests using Office 2016). The initial user that reported the problem was using Office 2010.
            Hide
            loftux Peter Löfgren added a comment - - edited

            I should add then that I tested with Word 2010 where the removal of encodeURI worked.
            This will be fun to sort out...
            Edit: I actually used AOS 1.1.4

            Show
            loftux Peter Löfgren added a comment - - edited I should add then that I tested with Word 2010 where the removal of encodeURI worked. This will be fun to sort out... Edit: I actually used AOS 1.1.4
            Hide
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment - - edited

            I guess this issue could be linked to ACE-5259 and / or ACE-5281 which caused the issue of double-encoding and the latest comments in ACE-5281 even realised the side-effect and reverted the incorrect merge.

            Show
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment - - edited I guess this issue could be linked to ACE-5259 and / or ACE-5281 which caused the issue of double-encoding and the latest comments in ACE-5281 even realised the side-effect and reverted the incorrect merge.
            Hide
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment -

            MNT-17491 also looks like the same issue. Using Firefox used to be a good workaround for people not wanting to fiddle with the source of action.js (to remove the encodeURI call in _aos_tryToLaunchOfficeByMsProtocolHandler function), but Firefox 52 has since dropped support for the NPAPI plugins and this browser is now affected as well since it has to use the same route to open a document for online edit.

            Show
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment - MNT-17491 also looks like the same issue. Using Firefox used to be a good workaround for people not wanting to fiddle with the source of action.js (to remove the encodeURI call in _aos_tryToLaunchOfficeByMsProtocolHandler function), but Firefox 52 has since dropped support for the NPAPI plugins and this browser is now affected as well since it has to use the same route to open a document for online edit.
            Hide
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment -

            Since Alfresco 5.2. 201701 GA does not contain the encodeURI call in _aos_tryToLaunchOfficeByMsProtocolHandler I guess this issue could be set as "fixed" against this version. This Matches the Report in MNT-17491 which states that 5.2 is not affected by the problem.

            Show
            afaust Axel Faust added a comment - Since Alfresco 5.2. 201701 GA does not contain the encodeURI call in _aos_tryToLaunchOfficeByMsProtocolHandler I guess this issue could be set as "fixed" against this version. This Matches the Report in MNT-17491 which states that 5.2 is not affected by the problem.

              People

              • Assignee:
                skopf Stefan Kopf
                Reporter:
                sy-subrc Harald Schmitz
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                5 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Date of First Response: