When user tries to edit a “textarea” on a property having constraints using SHARE and Internet Explorer it does not work properly. The bad behaviour can be to freeze the browser (see attached video) or generate unexpected error popup.
To see the video, drop it in your browser
How to reproduce?
1) Install an AOB Alfresco version 4.1.4 or a 4.2.0
2) Drop the attached configuration files with a custom modem and a field with constraint
3) Restart and upload a new content usin IE8.
4) Add the aspect “my:test” to the newly uploaded document
5) Edit properties of the document fill in the field “Legal address (Eng.)” up to the limit with 100 characters (or more if the browser allows it)
6) Click and fill in the other fields.
7) put back the insertion point in “Legal address (Eng.)”
Observed result: You should get the error message popup as in attached “error.png”.
I was able to reproduce the problem with google chrome and firefox in 4.14. In firefox, I was able to bypass the limit of 100 character, the contraint was not operating in 4.1.4.