Customer has enabled auditing (alfresco-access audit application), and notices that when a folder is accessed, that houses an .mp4 video file, without actually viewing the video (clicking on the file) the audit is showing the video as READ.
[Steps to reproduce]
1. Specify alfresco-global.properties for auditing as such:
2. Specify log4j.properties settings as such to turn logging for auditing on:
3. Upload an .mp4 to a folder within a site
4. Navigate to that folder without clicking file.
- See expected result #1 and observed result #1
5. Create another folder called 'images'.
6. Add .jpg and .png files to 'images' folder via Share upload.
- See expected result #2 and observed result #2
[ Expected result #1 ]
Audit does not show as READ
[ Observed result #1 ]
Audit shows as READ. I mentioned to the customer that READ shows up here since a readContent() function is called for the purpose of rendering the thumbnail in the Document Library view.
[ Expected result #2]
There should be a READ shown since I did the same steps but this time with .jpg and .png files.
[ Observed result #2 ]
The .jpg and .png files will not show a READ when uploaded and viewing the 'Images' folder. The customer is asking for some clarity or a fix on why this is based on what I told him for #1. I'm not sure if this is expected behavior and hence this is an enhancement JIRA or a bug of some sort.
Urgency: Severity level 2 case. The customer is an Enterprise customer. He has not asked for a hot-fix directly but says this is an important issue to them.
Log files that show the replication and issue are in: /support/Jira_Related/