When downloading the OS X installer for the Alfresco Enterprise trial, the .app file does not extract properly from the alfresco-enterprise-188.8.131.52-installer-osx-x64.app.tar download.
Steps to reproduce (on OS X)
- Sign up for the Alfresco trial and download the OS X installer.app.tar (not the .tar.gz from releases.alfresco.com)
- Extract the installer.app.tar using the Unarchiver or similar program, the icon should have a cancel/blocked icon
- Double click the resulting .app Application file. You should receive an error that says that it cannot be opened because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.
- Rename the file and change the file extension from .app to .tar
- Extract this tar file, and the resulting .app Application should have the Alfresco logo as its icon
- Double click this .app file and the installer should run as expected
The installer must be renamed after the first unzip and unzipped a second time in order to be installed properly.
A single unzip and no rename should be required to run the installer