CMIS allows creating a new Document in the state CHECKEDOUT. After this operation, it is expected that there is only a PWC of this Document. Alfresco allows this operation. However, there are two objects after document creation: a PWC that does really exist plus a version "1.0" that is just a ghost and does not exist. Both are linked into the parent folder, but only the PWC can be resolved to an object. The object with version number "1.0" cannot be resolved by its ObjectID. And the version series even contains only the ghost version "1.0", but not the real object "PWC".
Steps to reproduce:
(1) Open CMIS Workbench and connect to your reprository.
(2) Create a new document in state "checked out". This document can be of base type cmis:document and does not need to contain content. See screenshot.
Note: The folder where you create the document must not be synced to the cloud, as there is another bug
There is a new document consisting of exactly one version in state PWC.
- There are two versions linked into the folder. See second
MNT-9088_Error1. One of these versions is the PWC (correct) and the second is the non existing version "1.0" (the ghost). See Screenshot MNT-9088_Error1b.
- In the Version series, only the ghost is present, but not the existing version. See Screenshot
- When running a CMIS compliance test on theis document, multiple errors concerning the version series are found. See Screenshot