Type: Service Pack Request
Status: Open (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 4.2.4, 5.0.1
Fix Version/s: 5.0.N
Component/s: Share Application
Environment:Client: MacBook Pro with OS X 10.10 and Firefox
Server: Ubuntu1204, 2x CPUs and 8 GB RAM; Alfresco v4.2.4 & 5.0.1
Moving a document which is locked because of a check-out blocks the source folder for deletion.
[Steps to reproduce]:
1. Create a site
2. Create a folder called "Source folder"
3. Create a folder called "Target folder"
4. Upload a document to "Source folder"
5. Checkout the document for offline edit in Share
6. Move the Checked out document to "Target folder"
7. Open the "Source folder" and notice how it appears to be empty
8. Try to delete the "Source folder" and notice how this will not work
Show the original node in share even if the working copy is moved or display a more comprehensive message on the UI
explaining why the folder couldn't be deleted
A pop up asking to delete the folder appears, when you confirm yes, a pop up saying the folder could not be deleted appears.
[Analysis to date]:
1.) Behaviour is reproducible on v4.2.4 & 5.0.x
2.) Moving & deleting working copy is intended to possible: https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/MNT-2641
3.) Message doesn't give a clue to what the deletion of the folder failed
4.) Deletion fails because of original file is still in the source folder, hidden and locked