Contents become corrupted when Edit online action is performed on imported data from Alfresco version 4.1.x to version 5.0.x and saved back to alfresco.
Steps to reproduce
1. Install Alfresco version 4.1.9 and upload several office documents.
“Versionable” aspect is not added to these documents when uploaded.
2. Upgrade Alfresco to version 5.0.1.
3. Edit online imported documents. After modifying the document save it back and refresh Alfresco page.
Document is corrupted, although Versionable aspect is added.
Updated version of document is correctly displayed.
Analysis to date
- The issue happens for all contents that don't have "Versionable" aspect. (imported or new uploaded)
- The issue doesn't happen for new uploaded files since in version 5.0 Versionable aspect is added by default when document is uploaded however Alfresco 4.1 doesn't add versionable aspect when document is uploaded.
- This issue has been reproduced with Office 2010
Add "Versionable" aspect to all imported office documents(through rule or script or manually).
A rule could be used to fix this on any updated content, but this would still require these files to be updated to trigger this. We would like to ideally use a script to add the aspect to content missing it. We also would like all content to automatically have the versionable aspect regardless if uploaded via share, aos, webdav, cmis, or ftp (in a recommended way supported by alfresco)