Type: Service Pack Request
Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 4.2.3, 4.2.4, 5.0.2
Fix Version/s: None
App Server: Tomcat
Mobile Version: Not Applicable
Workdesk Version: Not Applicable
If customer has more than 999 tag (e.g 3000+ tag in total) in tag store and would like to create a folder rule with rule criteria 'Has tag', the Select Tag panel only display the first 999 tag item in panel (in alphabetical order). There is also no way to search for tag because no search panel available.
Step to replicate
- On Windows machine, install curl tool.
- Make sure your Alfresco 4.2.4 is running.
- Download the attach batch file to local disk location e.g. C:\ drive. Modify the .bat file as needed, e.g replace the
with your Alfresco host name/ip if needed. Make sure to bulk create at minimum 1000 tag to replicate the issue. In batch file, it is set to 2000.
- Start > Run > cmd.exe
- Run the BulkTagCreation.bat to bulk create 2000 tag.
- Login to Alfresco Share. Navigate to any folder, select Manage Rule > New Rule
- If all criteria are met , select 'Has Tag' , click 'Select' button.
- Actual : Scroll down and notice only 999 tag display. No way to search for tag from UI either.
- Expected: Scroll down and notice all 2000 tags display. Has way to search for tag from UI.