Type: Hot Fix Request
Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: Media Management 1.0.N, 5.1
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Alfresco OOTB 5.0.2
Media Management 1.0.1-8
FFmpeg win64 2.5.4
Steps to Reproduce
- Install alfresco media manage 1.0.1 with alfresco 5.0.2:
- Enable following debug in repo log4j.properties (optional)
- Upload a large video (over 300M in my test)
- Navigate to Document Details of this video, H264 Proxy is generating 1.JPG
- While the H264 Proxy is being generated, click "Edit Properties"
- Change the name of the node and click "Save"
The rendition fails and retries and eventually gets there. But with big videos this is not really an acceptable workaround, as the rendition takes some resources to create.
The rendition creation is not affected by property updates on the node. It should allow for the use case that a rendition will take some time to complete, and within that time comments could be added, associations could change or metadata properties could be updated by a user.