When a group is invited to a site all members of that group are added to the site, however, if an individual user wants to leave that site it cannot do so via the site's action "Leave Site" from the site's dashboard (see attached video at around 1:47).
[Steps to reproduce]
(Attached a video showing the steps to reproduce as well)
- Install alfresco 220.127.116.11 via installer
- Start alfresco and login as admin
- Create a group "agroup"
- Create a new user "auser" and add this user to the group "agroup"
- Create a new site "asite"
- Invite the group "agroup" to this new site as a collaborator
- Check the site membership and confirm that the user "auser" has collaborator rights to this site
- Login to share as "auser" and go into the "asite" site
- From the dashboard actions select "Leave Site"
The operation appears successful as the leave site action does not throw an error in the logs or in the share interface.
Leave Site action should not be available to users if they were added as part of a group invite or if this is what the user should see allow each user to leave the site as it's expected from the action.
[Analysis to date]
This appears to be a regression issue since the action is not available to these users in alfresco 4.1.9. I tested this version since I came across this jira (https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/MNT-2596) that mentions that the action should not be available to users who join via group invite.