If you have a document which is checked out (edit offline) and then make a copy of it to another location or site (while it is checked out) the file name for the copy includes a UUID like string in the filename.
[Steps to reproduce]
- Install alfresco 18.104.22.168 using the installer
- Startup alfresco and login to share as the default admin user
- Click on the repository link and create a text file named "file.txt"
- Under the actions for the new file click on "Edit offline"
- Once the file has been checked out click on the details of the checked out file and click the "Copy to..." action
- Select a folder as the destination and click copy
A file with a filename "file_<SOMEUUID>.txt" is generated.
A file with a filename "file.txt" is generated
[Analysis to Date]
It appears that the CopyService is the one responsible for this behavior. After briefly debugging the copy action it can be seen that the class ./root/projects/repository/source/java/org/alfresco/repo/copy/CopyServiceImpl.java is called and the method that is setting the new filename is copyAndRename -> getTopLevelNodeNewName() -> buildCopyProperties()