Mysql DB/Maria DB server must be installed on RedHat.
1. Install any Alfresco version prior to 4.2.6 (I reproduced the issue using 184.108.40.206 build3 and 220.127.116.11 versions)
2. Configure Alfresco with Mysql database (used version:* MySql 5.6.17 and MariaDB 10.0.17*)
3. Start alfresco and perform some actions (create site, upload documents, create tasks)
4. Stop Alfresco
5. Install Alfresco 4.2.6 (I used 4.2.6 build18 and 4.2.6 build27)
6. Configure Alfresco 4.2.6 with Mysql database
7. Upgrade the previous installed version to 4.2.6 (4.2.6 points to the CS and DB of the previous installed Alfresco)
8. Verify the Alfresco.log file of 4.2.6 version
The upgrade is successful.
The upgrade fails with the following error:
ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] [localhost-startStop-1] Schema auto-update failed com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'alfresco2.act_ge_property' doesn't exist
Note: See attached logs with errors.
With Mysql server installed on Windows the upgrade is successful.
Upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.2.5 is successful with Mysql on RedHat