Customer may implement one or more link nodes to have only one physical document with several references in different folders. When creating a linkNode, with property cm:destination, you are unable to delete or move that node when mapped to a CIFS drive. When you delete the link node, it actually deletes the target document and the link node is unable to be deleted. You are also unable to move this document and will get a popup stating "You need permission to perform this action". This happens even when you are logged into the CIFS mapped drive as Admin.
These behaviors do not occur on a WebDAV mapped drive.
Steps to reproduce
- Install and Start Alfresco 5.0.3
- Upload any document into Alfresco
- Change cm:destination in the script to match the node ref of the previously uploaded document.
- Map a drive to Alfresco using CIFS protocol.
- Try to move the created link node.
- Try to delete the link node.
The link node should be deleted and not affect the target document.
The link node should also be able to be moved to a different folder.
When you try to delete the link node, it will delete the target link node. The link node will persist.
When you try to move the link node to a different folder, you will get a permissions error and cannot. Even when logged into the CIFS drive as 'Admin'.