When using the file system transfer receiver if a document in the alfresco repository has the versionable aspect and the version label is greater than 1.0 then everytime a transfer job runs this file will be transferred even if it doesn't change its contents or metadata.
[Steps to reproduce]
- In the target server install the file system transfer receiver as per docs (http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/tasks/FSTR-install.html)
- Start the FSTR as per docs (http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/tasks/FSTR-running.html)
- Install alfresco 188.8.131.52 using the installer
- Enable content replication as per docs (http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/tasks/replication-share.html)
- Start alfresco
- Login to alfresco share as admin
- Create a folder in the repository and create two files "file1.txt" and "file2.txt" and make sure both files have the versionable aspect
- Create a transfer target and job as per documentation (http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/tasks/adminconsole-replication-transfertarget.html) and point to the server where the FSTR is running and make sure the root folder points to the folder that was created which contains the two text files.
- Run the job once and verify that the FSTR server has received the files successfully. Note the modification and creation date of these files
- In alfresco share upload a new version of the file "file2.txt" this will prompt the user to enter a version label (major or minor works)
- Re-run the transfer job and note the modification date in the FSTR server, file2.txt should have been updated
- Wait about a minute and without making any changes to the files re-run the job
file2.txt is updated in the FSTR server every time the job runs even if there are no changes in the file.
No files are transferred to the FSTR server since there were no changes in the source folder.
[Analysis to Date]
A video showing the steps to reproduced is provided in our FTP site (/support/Jira_Related/