Need svn tag and maven
In a site if a user checks out a file (edit online, edit offline) the file becomes locked, however, if a manager navigates to the document library and locates the locked file the manager is able to delete/move/copy it by selecting the file and selecting "Selected items"
[Steps to reproduce]
- Install alfresco 5.1.0 using the installer
- Start alfresco and login to share as the admin user
- Create a user (userA)
- Create a site (public moderated) (siteA)
- Add userA to siteA as a manager
- Navigate to siteA's document library and create a text file (file.txt)
- After creation edit the file offline, this will lock the file
- In another browser login to share as userA
- Accept the site invite
- Navigate to the siteA's document library
- select file.txt and click the menu "Selected Items..."
The actions copy/move/delte are exposed and one is able to delete/copy/move the locked file.
The actions copy/move/delete are not available to the manager
[Analysis to date]
The actions are only available from the "Selected Items..." menu, if you click on the document's details userA can only unlock the file, from a mouse over the file userA cannot see the delete/move/copy actions. As a workaround we have changed the actions via share-config-custom.xml
however because the customer will be upgrading to 5.1 soon it will be ideal to have this fixed out out the box. The customer also wants to make sure that the delete action is supposed to be checking for locked files in the repository side, right now we are able to delete locked files without any problems.