On site Alfresco consultant Alex Mahabir is load testing the max upload of file size using cmis. The limit seems to be at 4G, but increasing the webscripts.setMaxContentSize does not have an impact to that.
Is there something in particular configurations for Alfresco, Tomcat (timeout/mem/maxHTTPHeadersize) or otherwise that can be set to over come this limitation? is there a timeout setting or buffer that I am unaware of?
Test Scenario v5.1 Alfresco One (Customer is on 5.0.N)
Based on quick simple tests using the workbench 0.13.0 with just the UI
- 'Create Object > Document' on main menu workbench
- popup'Create Document' > 'Name', 'Type = Document (cmis:document'), browse select file, check 'verify content after upload',
- 'Create Document', validated in the Share UI as well
- no issues uploading >1G or <=4G files with atompub binding connection (/alfresco/api/
- no issues uploading >1G or <=4G files with browser binding connection (/alfresco/api/
There does not seem to be any issues with the content sizes up to 4G being uploaded through those bindings just testing with workbench.
- tested 5.4G on browser binding connection (/alfresco/api/
'connection: cannot access "http://localhost:8580/alfresco/api/
default/public/cmis/versions/1.1/browser/root?objectId=......": Error writing request body to server.
- Increase logger in jconsole: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis (no logging of any use)
- no logging in workbench 'log' on debug seems useful
- Updated the following configurations in the alfresco-global.properties (dont think the -1 will work)
default setting is webscripts.setMaxContentSize=4294967296 (4G)
tested with setting webscripts.setMaxContentSize=8589934592 (8G)
Issue still occurs.