Type: Hot Fix Request
Affects Version/s: 5.1
Fix Version/s: 220.127.116.11
Database: SQL Server
App Server: Tomcat
Mobile Version: Not Applicable
Upgrading from 5.0.x to 5.1 using an admin password other than "admin" results in the password reverting to "admin".
- customer's upgrade path is 18.104.22.168 -> 5.1.0
- support's upgrade path is 5.0.3 -> 5.1.0
Both upgrade reproduce the issue.
Steps to reproduce
On Linux box, using Alfresco for Linux installer:
- Install Alfresco 5.0.3 (the partner used 22.214.171.124) using any settings other than the default admin password. For example, use "test55" as the admin user password.
- Not necessary, but helpful for validating the upgrade. Start and login to Alfresco, create a site, folder, and upload some content.
- Install Alfresco 5.1 using any settings other than the default admin password, for example, use "test55" as the admin user password.
- Copy the 5.0 database to the 5.1 database using the appropriate DB tools
- Copy the contentstore and contentstore.deleted from the Alfresco 5.0 alf_data dir to the Alfresco 5.1 alf_data dir
- Start Alfresco 5.1
- Attempt to login using username admin and password "test55",
- Actual: Login failed.
- Expected: Login succeed.
- Login using username admin and password "admin".
- Actual: Login succeed.
- Expected: Login fails.
Current Issue Behavior
- If you want to be able to login you will need to use ‘admin’ regardless what admin password was set. Again this is the problem the password ‘admin’ should NOT work but it does.