Type: Service Pack Request
Resolution: Not a bug
Affects Version/s: 5.0.3
Fix Version/s: None
With auditing enabled, a cancelled download is logged as a READ action. There is no difference in the auditing logs between a download that completes and a download that is cancelled.
I have attached a log file with both valid and cancelled downloads of aaaTest.docx to demonstrate the identical log messages.
Steps to reproduce
- Install Alfresco 5.0.3
- Add the following lines in the global properties file.
- Add the following lines in the Alfresco log4j.properties
- Start and log into Alfresco.
- Successfully download any document from within Alfresco. (I used firefox)
- Click download in share again but this time click cancel before the document is saved or downloaded.
- View the Alfresco.log file for the audit logs.
- The cancelled download should not be logged as a Read action or have a different log message from a valid download.
- The cancelled download and valid downloads are logged as the same messages. You cannot differentiate between the two.