Trying to create a sync partnership on a folder with rule applied results in a NullPointerException. See attached files
- screenshot from error message when reproducing the problem
- stack track found in the alfresco.log
1) Create a folder 'Folder1' in the Document Library
2) Create a folder 'Folder2' in the Document Library
3) Create a rule on the 'Folder1' - set it to Copy contents to 'Folder2' and check 'Run in background'
4) Add content to 'Folder1' and check the contents is copied to 'Folder2'
5) Try to establish sync on 'Folder1', choose destination folder in the Cloud
6) Observe error message in Share 'Could not create sync' and JavaNullPointerException in the alfresco.log
ERROR [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] [http-apr-8080-exec-10] Exception from executeScript - redirecting to status template error: 04090001 Wrapped Exception (with status template): null
org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptException: 04090001 Wrapped Exception (with status template): null
Sync is created and contents are synced to the cloud
Error message is thrown in the Share UI and logged in alfresco.log
This issue affects only 4.2.3 and 4.2.6 - tested on this versions
Tested as well on 5.0.2 and 5.1 - issue is not present
Create the cloud sync (paring) first before adding the rule. Note: requires further testing in partner/customer env.