When a user checks out a piece of content for edit online, if they are inactive in Microsoft Office for 10 or more minutes, the lock is released in Share. This allows a different user to check out the document and make changes even though the first user still has the document open and may come back to make changes.
Steps to reproduce
- Install new 126.96.36.199 on Windows
- Create a site and add piece of content using Share UI
- (User1) Select edit online for that document in Share
- (User2) On a separate machine, login into Share. Navigate to the same document. It should show as locked by User1.
- (User1) Do not interact with Windows machine that has Alfresco installed for 10 minutes
- (User2) After 10 minutes, refresh Share page. Item should show as unlocked and available for edit
Content remains locked for 1 hour as per Office standard lock and Share session timeout.
After 10 minutes of inactivity the document is unlocked.
Analysis to date
Customer business impact / priority / urgency
Ideal Fix Version