When CMISChangeLog auditing application is enabled and the quantity of records in audit table for that audit application is excessive (ex. millions), this delays and impacts the ability for any cmis connections to be created. If not causing cmis connections to fail from a timeout.
- Implement CMISChangeLog auditing application
- Generate millions of records
- Use anything that connects via cmis ex. mobile app
- cmis connection succeeds within reasonable time frame (under minute)
- cmis connection can be delayed >10min or more dependent on the number or cmis changelog records in the audit table(s)
This seems to be caused by the following snippet in the CMISConnector class:
The enabling of the CMISChangeLog audit application (i.e. alfresco-audit-cmis.xml) can generate copious records, as a result any cmis connection will be forced to wait for the snippet of code to return DB result set for all records and filter it down to the lastChangeLogToken.
- Currently, the only work around is to either disable the CMISChangeLog audit application or to continue to delete/prune CMISChangelog audit records down such that the result set is kept smaller. This is not necessarily a acceptable option as dependent on the ingestion/update frequency of end users ex. 1000 changes/hour this would be a continual task.