A user is concerned that the method Alfresco projects are presented in Nexus will cause them issues in their development environment. They do not use Maven and are not allowed to at their company. They normally pull Alfresco Enterprise source code from the individual jars. To explain this with an illustration, please see the following links in Nexus:
· alfresco-platform-enterprise does NOT have a source jar
Note the listing of alfresco-platform/5.1:
· alfresco-platform has source jars
and then alfresco-platform-enterprise/5.1 ...
No source jars:
· Alfresco Enterprise War file does NOT feature a alfresco-platform.jar or a alfresco-platform-enterprise.jar, this means that one would assume that all classpath resources are packaged in WEB-INF classes of the war file rather than in jar files in the WEB-INF/lib area.
For their use case, they would expect:
· Each Nexus project should have an output of a source jar file.
· If a war file requires classpath resources one would expect that classes (at a minimum) would be packaged inside a jar file added to the WEB-INF/lib, for example.
. The Alfresco Enterprise war file (built from alfresco-platform-enterprise project in Nexus) should include an alfresco-platform-enterprise.jar file and also an alfresco-platform.jar file.