Status: Need Info
Affects Version/s: 22.214.171.124, 5.1.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Share Application
Environment:Alfresco Share , HTML5 previewer, Solr4 search
Customer is requesting that when an advanced search is performed on a keyword and a node from the "search results" is selected and previewed that a separate search for the keyword term, "tomography", should not have to be performed in the document preview page. The keyword term should already be highlighted within the document preview.
Customer believe this is a good feature that will benefit their end user so they have requested this after support clarified that this is not an OOTB feature and it is by design and not a bug.
Steps to Replicate:
- Go to advanced search
- Use "Keywords" and select "Content" to perform a search on a word, e.g. tomography
- Next select "Repository" and search for "tomography".
- Search results are returned for "tomography".
- Click on a file to preview.
- Actual: Upon document details page is loaded and document preview for the file is loaded in HTML5 previewer, search keyword was not automatically highlighted throughout the file in the preview page without performing a second search for the keyword on the HTML5 previewer search panel.
- Expected: The previously search term, "tomography", should already be highlighted throughout the preview in HTML5 previewer panel.
Performed the above steps in Alfresco One v5.0.0 and v5.1.1 and was able to replicate the customer's described behavior. As that is by product design, we suggested customer to submit an feature request.