Happens in 2.2.1 & 2.2.2
When you set a content to expire in the submit dialog (you can set the expiration date either in the Content Expiration section or individually in the 'Actions' - it fires up an expiration task (at the scheduled time). After clicking on task done, it still leaves the item in the staging sandbox - except there is a lock on it now. I have attached screenshots. Here are steps to reproduce this -
- Create a content in a web project (without any submit workflow)
- Submit this item
- In the submit dialog, choose a time for expiration (for testing purposes, you can set the expiration job scheduler to run every 5 minutes)
- Item is submitted. Details on the submitted item on staging shows the the expiration time you set above
- When the actual time passes and when the scheduler runs, you will get an expiration task. Open and click 'task done'
- Access staging sandbox of the project. Item just expired is still there with a lock.