How to reproduce?
1) create a 5.1.1 alfresco (linux, pg, tomcat) with AOS 1.1.3
2) as 'admin' in Share create a site 'site1', with two folders 'folder1' and 'folder2'
3) in each folder upload the same file 'test1.txt'
4) confirm that doing a MOVE to overwrite test1.txt in folder2 with the test1.txt is folder1 fails over webdav with a 412 error
5) try to do the same move but over AOS
The move still fails but with a different error code:
Just like in the webdav case, the AOS server should return a "412 Precondition Failed" error.
1) The "412 Precondition Failed" error is handled well by the webdav "mini redir" client of Windows (see attached trace for windows 7 dump_webdav.pcap).
In that case, the client shows to the user a nice menu asking what he wants to do with the move, see screen shot webdav.png)
On the other hand the webdav client is completely confused when getting the 409 error, see trace dump_aos.pcap recorded with a windows 7 client and the attached screen shot aos.png.
2) it seems that this is really a server-side issue and not just an issue with the error management client-side:
indeed if we look at the RFC http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc4918.html
section 9.9.4 MOVE / Status Codes
I thus log this Jira as a "bug".