How to reproduce?
1) create a 5.1.2 system (linux, pg, tomcat)
2) as 'admin' create a site 'site1' and upload the attached PDF "test.pdf"
Links in the preview are not clickable
Links in the preview are clickable.
1) this request was originally made in
It was thus refused because of a possible security risk.
However, the customer did not agree this was a security risk which was then confirmed by us in
MNT-17482 we have confirmed that pdf.js can do links (see the project documentation:
3) using the default pdf.js viewer, links are clickable:
a) go to: http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/web/viewer.html
b) click on the "Open file" icon
c) upload the attached test.pdf
d) right click on the link
conclusion: it works see attached video "click_preview.mp4"
4) we could introduce a configuration flag that would enable/disable links and let the choice to the system admin. The default behaviour could be "links are disabled" so that the change does not "surprise" customers (especially if the enhancement is delivered in a Service Pack).