Type: Service Pack Request
Affects Version/s: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 5.1.2, 5.2
Fix Version/s: 6.0.N
Component/s: Share Application
Environment:Alfresco Enterprise v22.214.171.124
Linux Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Sprint:Nightwing 13 - Brainiac 13, Flamebird 13 - Viper
Work Funnel End:2017-06
Two files called testFile.docx have been uploaded to a share site’s document library and have the names testFile.docx (v1.0) and testFile-1.docx (v1.0). If a new version of testFile-1.docx, with minor changes, is uploaded the name is changed to testFile-2.docx (v1.1) instead of testFile-1.docx (v1.1). If you upload a new version again, with minor changes, the name is changed to testFile-1.docx (v1.2).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login with an admin or non-admin account.
2. Create a site.
3. In the site’s document library use the upload button to upload a file called testFile.docx.
4. In the site’s document library use the upload button to upload the same file called testFile.docx again.
5. In the document library, there are now two documents: testFile.docx (v1.0) and testFile-1.docx (v1.0).
6. For the testFile-1.docx use the action “Upload New Version” with Minor version changes.
7. testFile-1.docx (v1.0) now becomes testFile-2.docx (v1.1).
8. For the testFile-2.docx use the action “Upload New Version” with Minor version changes.
9. testFile-2.docx (v1.1) now becomes testFile-1.docx (v1.2).
The testFile-1.docx (v1.0) file should retain its original name and update the minor version number, testFile-1.docx (v1.1).
Whenever a new version of testFile-1.docx is uploaded the minor version number is changed correctly but the file name alternates between testFile-1.docx and testFile-2.docx.
*Note 1: This only occurs if two files with the same name are uploaded to the share site’s document library. If only one file with the original file name, testFile.docx is uploaded using the “Upload Button”, when a new version is uploaded the name remains the same but the verion is updated.
*Note2: This also happens when “Upload New Version” is used with major changes.