Status: Open (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: Alfresco Activiti 1.3.0, Alfresco Activiti 22.214.171.124
Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:Docs Sprint 18
Updating a global document template requires any apps that are using it to be re-published.
[Steps to reproduce]
1. Via Identity Management -> Tenants upload a global document template
2. Create a Process using Kickstart
3. Add a Document Generator task
4. Assign the global template you uploaded in step 1
5. Make the process available via app and publish the app
6. From within the published app, run the process and inspect the document generated from the template
7. Upload a new version of the global document template via Identity Management -> Tenants
8. From within the published app, run another proces and inspect the document generated from the template.
- The generated document is still using the old template.
- The new template is only used, once the app has been re-published.
The new template takes effect immediately without requiring to re-publish the app, as one would expect the global templates to take effect immediately.
Simplifies management of templates; template may be used in many applications, custom templates can be used when a greater degree of control is required.