When setting configuration on a form to 'Use custom outcomes for this form', there is not a way to access the variable values for that form outcome later in process.
Steps to Replicate
- create basic process (this is stripped down simple case)
- on start element add reference form
- configure on the form 'outcomes' tab check 'Use custom outcomes for this form'
- add outcomes 'Approve' and 'Deny' (see attachment displayOutcomeConfigForm.png)
- add task to process
- add a referenced form in task
- add a 'Display value' and a 'Display text'
- try to select the variable from the start form that would represent the 'outcome' variable (see attachments displayOutcomeConfigForm*.png)
- using 'Display Value' on the 'General' tab under 'Variable' the option to select the outcome variable of the first form is a choice
- using 'Display text' on the 'General' tab using 'Variable' the option to select the outcome variable of the first form is a choice, or the syntax
can be use or some equivalent expression call to render outcome of first form
- using 'Display Value' on the 'General' tab under 'Variable' the option to select first from outcome variable does not show, just shows 'No fields available'
- using 'Display text' on the 'General' tab using 'Variable' the option to select first from outcome variable does not show, just shows 'No fields available', or the syntax
can not be used or we do not know the syntax appropriate to render value of the variable defined for outcome from first form
- Have to use a form field in the first form with single field element for the choice on the flows and define the flows based on that form field values, do not select 'Use custom outcomes for this form'. The field from first form can be used to render in the next form.
- Maybe if the form could be a provided a visible or settable id in the UI, and then the outcome field be exposed and consistent syntax for variable generated ex. formId_outcome, then could use expression to render it in text fields etc...