When creating an app with a process model that has collapsed sub processes, you cannot publish the app. The following message is thrown in the activiti UI:
"Error:"couldn't publish the app definition, please check the validity of the referenced process models"". However, the process model validates.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Process model with 2 subprocess.
- Create an Activiti App including the main process.
- Attempt to publish the App.
The App should be able to be published since it validates.
The App does not publish and an error saying to check the validity of the process models is thrown.
- issue is caused by using identical ids by the subprocesses in the workflow
- identify any duplicate id's in the subprocesses and make them unique by recreating the objects that have same id.
Attached to the case is two example zip files containing Activiti Apps one will publish one which fails