A subprocess which has an exclusive gate will cause the primary process to fail to validate.
- in Kickstart > Apps, import attached test.zip App
- in Kickstart > Processes > edit process
- Edit collapsed subprocess ''Enter Address" and add an exclusive gate from its 'User Task' with two flow conditions:
1- if address empty - send back to user task or send to end event
2- if address not empty - send to end event
see ex. screenshot "SubWithGate.png"
- save subprocess, note: this returns you to main process
- click 'validate' button on main process
- If the subprocess validates, the main process should still validate successfully.
- If the subprocess validates and contains an exclusive gateway, the main process does not validate
- browser network information shows 200 OK response to 'POST http://localhost:9999/activiti-app/app/rest/models/48052/editor/validate'
- response source though is
- order in which they are defined
- first sequence which evaluates to true OR which does not have a condition set is selected
“Note if no sequence flow is selected, and exception will be thrown”