Validation errors occurring in process editor when embedded subprocesses have gateway transitions without IDs. First there should not be any validation errors in this case. Second, the validation error detail is misleading and not displayed properly in the process editor.
Steps to reproduce the issue
- Import the attached app
- Delete the ID of the subprocess component in the main process
- Navigate to the sub process
- Delete the ID of the transition named "Condition Transition" from the exclusive gateway
- Now go back to the parent process and validate the process to receive a validation error in the UI. However the validation error details are not show in the process editor.
- Save and close the editor
- Go to Apps -> Click on the imported app to see the process validation error that would look like the attached screenshot
In our editor it is perfectly valid not to explicitly provide IDs for BPMN activities. When IDs are not provided, APS should assign an ID at deployment time. So it is expected not to throw errors when IDs are not provided in the model.
Give a proper IDs to the sub-process component in the parent process as well as transitions from gateways in subprocess.
It is possible that this issue is related to another similar JIRA which is https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ACTIVITI-1108