Type: Service Pack Request
Affects Version/s: 5.2.1, RM 2.5.2
Fix Version/s: RM 2.5.3
Sprint:Nightwing 27 - Condiment King
Work Funnel End:2018-03
In Alfresco-One 5.1.2, sitePresets.SiteServices worked with Records Management. This is a feature that is both desirable and necessary to some organizations. The simple addition to share.header.get.js no longer works in 5.2.1 with RM 2.5.2
This functionality is documented at https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/references/dev-services-site.html and https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/tasks/dev-extensions-share-tutorials-custom-share-header-menu.html.
Records Managment 2.5.2 appears to overwrite share.header.get.js no matter in which order the extensions are run. In order to run both custom site presets and Records Management, the developer MUST modify the Records Management extension at share.hearder.get.js to unknown ends to apply additionalSitePresets. This is not a supported operation and reduces the usability of the Alfresco Content Services. There should be a way to modify the Records Managment Extension to account for custom site presets. The attached Maven All-in-one build demonstrates this issue in a simple example.
Steps to reproduce:
- Build the attached maven project (All-in-one with RM and a very simple customization)
- Login to Alfresco and Check Site/Create site and ensure Records Management is installed
- Custom Preset module should be installed, as well, however, note that it is not.loading.
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080/share/page/modules/deploy and remove RM Modules.
- Navigate back to "Create Site" and select the site type pull down. Note Custom Presets exist
- Return to http://localhost:8080/share/page/modules/deploy and add the RM Modules, again.
- Navigate back to the "Site/Create Site" pull down and select.
Both Custom Preset and Records Management Sites should be displayed.
Only Records Management is visible.
This method was suggested here: