Type: Service Pack Request
Affects Version/s: 188.8.131.52, 5.2.1
Component/s: Share Application
Environment:Env Info: Version
Env Info: Database
SQL Server (h2 for Maven)
Env Info: App Server
Env Info: OS
Windows Server 2012 R2 (Windows 10 for Maven)
00938970, 00965014, 00949488
Work Funnel End:2019-01
You have nested folders in the final folder containing a custom content type which includes a date picking enabled property. Then you are at the documentLibrary "root" and you use the taxonomy or tree view on the left-hand side of the UI to navigate to the document that is contained in the innermost folder. Once you edit the date via the calendar functionality, the folder hierarchy information usually shown above the content is then changed to show the first folder of the hierarchy.
The expected behavior is that upon editing the date the folder hierarchy will not revert to the outermost folder.
[Steps to Replicate]
Build/Run the attached Maven Project and follow the below with the built instance:
1) Create folder nest in site documentLibrary such as: Folder1>Folder2>Folder3>Document
2) Change the document type to Acme Document
3) Navigate to Folder3 from the documentLibrary left-hand side-bar navigation tree
***Notice the folder navigation information above the content list area.
4) Edit the properties of the document to change the date property.
5) Observe that the UI changes to show the root of documentLibrary with Folder1 being the content in the list without any further action from the user.
I reproduced this in my Maven build on my machine. I will attach a Maven project with a custom content type that has the date picker property set.