Type: Service Pack Request
Affects Version/s: 5.0.4, 5.0.5, 5.2.3, 5.2.4
Component/s: Share Application
Environment:Alfresco One 5.0.4
00947985, 00959133, 00987285, 01010142
5.0.4 customer observes the tomcat/temp folder is filling up with upload_*.tmp files. The files are not being cleared by the tempFileCleaner job.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Using Alfresco 5.0.4 out of the box
2. Upload to Share the test.xlsx and test.tif file located at ftp://ftp.alfresco.com/support/Jira_Related/MNT-19052
3. Each upload action triggers PdfBox, Tika and Poi metadata extraction for Solr indexing. One of these may fail due to the document size or complexity.
3. Go to Share and preview the uploaded files to ensure all other document transformations are attempted, i.e. Share preview and thumbnail. One of these may also fail.
4. In <alfresco_home>/tomcat/temp you should see two upload_*.tmp files for the recently uploaded files.
5. Either wait for more than one hour for the tempfileCleaner to run or trigger the job from Jconsole.
The document transformations are finished. Therefore the upload_*.tmp files should be deleted.
When there is a transformation failure the upload_*tmp files remain and can fill up the tomcat/temp folder unless the system admin manually deletes them.
Similar to internal Jira REPO-1037