Type: Hot Fix Request
Affects Version/s: 6.0
Component/s: Content Replication and Transfer
Hot Fix Version:126.96.36.199
RCA Quality:Test not executed
RCA Description:The root cause of the issue is refactoring in this area done in ACS 6.0.0 required for 3rd party dependency upgrade - quartz.
The issue was not spotted as the integration test that covers this area was not included into any test suits before the refactoring happened.
Replication job schedule does not seems to automatically trigger all subsequent replication job as per the configure frequency cron value in UI after first scheduled replication job run.
Steps to reproduce
- Manual install of ACS 6.0.0 + Search Service v1.1.1 using ACS 6.0 distribution zip and Alfresco Search Service 1.1.1.zip as replication source repository, let's called it 'sourcenode1'
- Manual install of ACS 6.0.0 + Search Service v1.1.1 using ACS 6.0 distribution zip and Alfresco Search Service 1.1.1.zip as replication target repository, let's called it 'targetnode1'
- On both 'sourcenode1' and 'targetnode1's alfresco-global.properties, add and save:
- Restart each Alfresco nodes, make sure SearchService 1.1.1 is up and running, search in Alfresco Share is working properly.
- On 'sourcenode1', login to Alfresco Share as admin user. Navigate to Repository Browser > Data Dictionary > Transfers > Transfer Target Groups > Default Group, create a new folder called 'acs600target' with below properties details:
- Name: acs600target
- Title: acs600target
- Description: replication job transfer target for 'targetnode1'
- Endpoint Host: <targetnode1 host ip>
- Endpoint Host: <targetnode1 port>
- Endpoint Path: /alfresco/service/api/transfer
- Endpoint Protocol: http
- Username: admin
- Password: <adminpassword>
- Enabled: Yes (checkbox is checked)
- Click Save button.
- On 'sourcenode1', create a new site called 'replicationTest', navigate to Document Library and create a new folder called 'Test Files', add a couple more files/contents into 'Test Files' folder.
- Switch to 'targetnode1', login to Alfresco Share and create a new site called 'replicationTest'. Double check the document library is empty (no folder/no files).
- Switch back to 'sourcenode1' > Alfresco Share > Admin Tools > Replication Jobs, click 'Create Job' button.
- Create a new replication job, called 'test scheduled job' with below job details:
- Job name: test scheduled job
- Payload > Source Items, select and add: Company Home > Sites > replicationTest > documentLibrary> 'Test Files' folder.
- Transfer Target, select 'acs600target'
- Check the checkbox of 'Schedule job'
- Start Date: Select today's date/time (near future) e.g. Aug 9th 2018 - 18:42
- Repeat Every: 3 minute(s)
- Check the checkbox of 'Enabled'
- Click on Save button.
- Expected behavior:
- Wait until Aug 9th 2018 - 18:42 and refresh the replication job page, the first job should run successfully at Aug 9th 2018 - 18:42. Then, all subsequent replication job should be automatically triggered after 3 minutes wait at August 9th 18:45, 18:48, 18:51 etc...
- Actual behavior:
- Wait until Aug 9th 2018 - 18:42 and refresh the replication job page, the first run did run successfully at Aug 9th 2018 - 18:42. However, all subsequent replication job after the first job run does not automatically triggered after 3 minutes wait at August 9th 18:45, 18:48, 18:51 etc... Instead, customer reported that it will run every 24 hours regardless what is your replication job cron is set to.