When inviting an external user to a site, an email is sent containing the external user's generated username and password. End users will often cut and paste these into the login page, and it is easy for the end user to accidentally highlight and copy the trailing space that appears after both the username and password, causing an authentication failure which is difficult to diagnose for admins.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Enable external users per http://docs.alfresco.com/6.0/tasks/share-enable-external-user.html
2. Set notification.email.siteinvite=true
3. Enable outbound email per http://docs.alfresco.com/6.0/tasks/adminconsole-outboundemail.html
4. Create a site, and invite an external user.
5. Examine the resulting email
There are no trailing spaces after the username and password.
For the English email, there is a trailing space after the Username (see attached screenshot).
For other language emails, there is a trailing space after both the Username and Password.
In Repository/Data Dictionary/Email Templates/invite:
invite-email_*.html.ftl (non-English templates)
Modify the invite email templates to add <br /> to the end of the username and password lines, e.g.: