Partner logged a case to bring to our attention the inaccurate results found within "Records And Record Folders Eligible For Destruction" search results within RM Site. The issue here is that Records flagged for Destruction that are placed on hold still show in the search results.
Steps to replicate issue:
1. First setup a disposition schedule for immediate cut off and immediate destruction applied to the folder level.
2. Next create a folder within RM Category and create test records within the folder.
3. Then run the saved search found on left hand column of RM Site "Records And Record Folders Eligible For Destruction". You will notice the folder listed which is to be expected.
4. Now place the record within the folder/file created on step 2 on hold and then run the search again. (Wait a little bit for solr index to catch up)
Result: The record folder containing the record on Hold is still listed in the search results for "Records And Record Folders Eligible For Destruction".
Expected Result: The record folder should not be listed because it contains a record on Hold.
Partners points to the tests done above:
1. When the user searches for records/record folders eligible for destruction, they don't want to see items that are not eligible for destruction. i.e if a record or a record folder is on hold, that is not eligible for destruction.
2. We have workflow in APS that will use a webscripts in ACS to get a list or record folders for destruction and call the destroy action. The webscript uses the same saved search to get a list of record folders that need to be destroyed.. An exception is thrown when we call the destroy action on a folder/record on hold.
The above 2 issues will not happen when the saved search displays the results that are truly "eligible for destruction".
Please note that the client has implemented a Temporary Fix which involved updating the Saved Search to use the below query:
rma:heldChildrenCount:0 to the existing query "dispositionActionName:"destroy" AND rma:heldChildrenCount:0 AND (dispositionEventsEligible:true OR dispositionActionAsOf:[MIN TO TODAY]) AND NOT ASPECT:"rma:ghosted""