Type: Service Pack Request
Status: In Progress
Affects Version/s: 5.2, 6.0, 6.1
00984456, 00988557, 01007247
Sprint:Team 3 - Sprint 2, Team 3 - Sprint 3, Team 3 - Sprint 4, Team 3 - Sprint 5, Team 3 - Spint 6, Team 7 - Sprint SH 6 (21), Team 7 - HH 3 (26), Team 7 - HH 4 (27), Team 7 - HH 5 (28), Team 7 - HH 6 (29), Team 7 - HH 7 (30), Team 7 - WD 1 (31), Team 7 - WD 2 (32), Team 7 - WD 3 (33)
Delivery Team:Team 7
2 ACS nodes + 1 Solr node (MasterOnly) deployed using ACS-Deployment on AWS (using EKS)
Incosistent results seen in the following cases.
- Created a custom model (attached model can be imported) and Activated the model.
- Create content (in say shared Files) and tried to change the type of the content to the content defined in the custom model
Error was seen suggesting the type does not exist. After retry, it worked.
- Added a custom aspect to the content above
- Tried to update custom properties
Error was seen updating properties. (See the attached document) After retries, properties were updated but error loading properties was seen inconsistently.
- Navigated to Model Manager
- Error: Model was seen as Inactive. Activating the model results in error as the model is actually active.
Navigated back to the Shared Files
Error: Content added above was not seen / not present. Refreshing a couple of times, it did appear.
Consistent Model Status, Properties and Content List is seen while using share / api.
Issue could be / appears to be clustering related - it's not a good user experience.