The Japanese version of the email generated after 'following' a user does not display correctly because the Content-Type is set to text/plain. It should be set to text/html
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
If I make a single edit to change the Content-Type to text/html, then the message will display correctly.
I checked the 'activity' email and that displays correctly because the Content-Type is set to text/html:
Lastly, I checked both the English and French versions of the 'following' email and they are both using Content-Type text/html
Steps to reproduce
1/ Create the Environment:
- ACS 18.104.22.168
- set the system locale to ja_JP.UTF-8
- install Mailcatcher (or similar) on localhost to capture the email.
- configure Outbound Email to send msgs to Mailcatcher(or similar)
- configure 'activities feed' cron job to run every 5 minutes (0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * ?)
- set your browser language to Japanese
2/. Run test:
- login to Share as 'admin' user
- create a new user X
- 'follow' the user X
check the 'following' msg has been received in Mailcatcher. It should be displayed incorrectly.
- logout of Share
- login to Share as user X
- create a new site X-site
- upload some files to the Document Library
check the 'activities' email has been received in Mailcatcher. It should be displayed correctly.
The email should display correctly as an html message.
The email displays as plain text showing the html tags.
The customer has not provided any feedback on the urgency of this issue or how/if it is affecting their production users. They may provide some information in the future.