Status: Need Info
Affects Version/s: RM 2.7, AGS 3.1
Component/s: Records Management
When using the action “Declare Version as Record” for a document in a collaboration site, the record is placed in the “Unfiled Records” category on the RM site. If the record was declared in error, there is no action to “Reject” it. The only option is to “Delete” it which destroys that version of the document and makes it no longer available to view, download, edit, etc. on the collaboration site. This is an issue because any updates made to this document version will be lost.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install the RM module.
- Login to Alfresco as an “Admin” user.
- Create the RM site.
- Create a collaboration site.
- Upload a document to the collaboration site’s document library.
- Use the action “Declare Version as Record” for the document.
- Go to the RM site’s “Unfiled Records” category.
- Locate the document that has become a record.
- To the right of the record, click on “More”.
- There is not a “Reject” action in the drop down list.
If a document has been declared a record using the action “Declare Version as Record” by mistake, then it should be able to be “Rejected” on the RM site.
If a document has been declared a record using the action “Declare Version as Record” by mistake, there is not an option on the RM site to “Reject” the record.