default/public/alfresco/versions/1/nodes" API does not detect the correct encode when it contains special characters.
Steps to reproduce
1. Log in to Alfresco Share
2. Create a file with special character “Â€Â‰” in the content, which is windows-1250 encode.
3. Go to the nodeBrowser to make sure it is uploaded as UTF8. Please see the attached screenshot named “UTF8.png” for further assistance.
Instead, you can use the attached file named “Â€Â‰.txt”, which I created by the above steps.
4. Check the UUID of the created/uploaded file and run this query. In this example, the UUID is 343f76e4-ed2e-4de7-9c71-2458fdfd0aa1
5. Run this query *Note: Please replace the UUID with yours.
6. View the source of the opened page.
“Text Encoding” of the page shows windows-1252 as the attached screenshot named “windows-1250.png.”
“Text Encoding” of the page should show as UTF8.
The encode shows correctly as UTF8 when we open it with “View in Browser” as the attached screenshot named “View_in_browser.png” shows. Thus the problem is only with the query used in step 5.