Type: Service Pack Request
Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 5.2.4, 5.2.6, 6.1, 6.2
Component/s: Search and Indexing (non-UI)
00998300, 01003932, 01006934, 01007686
"Search Services Sharding" under Admin console should display Shard groups available when Dynamic Shard Instance Registration is enabled.
When using Solr6, the groups are registered (observed on a network capture) but not displayed.
The screenshots from the sections 8 and 9 in the following page show how the groups should be displayed:
Steps to reproduce
- Install a vanilla version of Alfresco 5.2.4 without solr4.
- Install Solr6.
- Configure Alfresco to use Solr6.
- In "Search Services Sharding" tick "Dynamic Shard Instance Registration" and save the changes.
- Click on manage and fill the following:
- New Index Server: http://localhost:8080 (click on add)
- New Shard Group/template: rerank
- New Shard Group/Shards: 2
- New Shard Group/Store: workspace://SpacesStore
- New Shard Group/Instances: 1
- New Shard Group/Core: alfresco
- Click on Create Shard Group.
The Shards are created and displayed in "Shard Groups" on Search Services Sharding under Admin Console.
The Shards are created (visible in Solr Admin Console) but aren't displayed in Search Services Sharding under Admin Console.
If you install Solr4 and create and register shards and then you install Solr6 and follow the steps above (from point 3) then Solr6 Shards are displayed.