When a high number of audit entries are recorded in the database, clicking on view recent logs will make the system freeze for a few minutes and then it shows the attached 500 error.Share needs to be restarted to be used again.see share logs attached.
This only happens when having millions of records in alf_audit_entry and despite having "audit.rm.viewLog.maxSize=100" property set in global properties.
Steps to reproduce:
1) put a limit for the number of recent logs to be listed by setting the "audit.rm.viewLog.maxSize=100" property and restart alfresco
2) set up RM and RM site
3) add high number of test files (customer had 70 million)using java script
4) declare all test files as a record using folder rules
5) rename all test files so RM audit is recorded
6) go to Record Management site > RM admin Tools >click "view recent logs"
100 records should be listed almost immediately
Share freezes and after a few minutes the 500 error shows
so basically the limit set is not helping the performance at all as the database will use a select query to process all the records in alf_audit_entry . This takes something like 6-7 minutes for 70 million and therefore the system times out and freezes.