The customer uploads a file with a "Microsoft word" mimetype but when the customer renames the file under "edit metadata" the file loses the mymetype and it is set to Octet Stream.
Tests were done using Alfresco 3.4.11 and 4.1.1.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to Share
2. Upload a document to the Document Library
3. Confirm the document has a mime type that is not Octet Stream.
4. From the Document Library list view, click "More.." for the document
5. Click "Edit Metadata" ( you should be on the "Details for" screen where you can't see the mimetype)
6. Do not go into "Full Metadata page…"
7. Change the extension of the document. i.e If the document is named test.pdf, change it to test.ddd
9. Confirm that the documents mimetype has changed to Octet Stream
Customer expected the file keeps the initial mimetype.
The file looses the original mimetype to "Octet Stream"
OS: Win 2003
Version: Alfresco 3.4.11
App. Server: Tomcat
OS: Win 7
Version: Alfresco 4.1.1
App Server: Tomcat