[ Problem ]
Email templates can no longer be selected when creating a rule for the action 'Send email to specified users' following an upgrade to 3.2.0/3.2r
[ Problem details ]
When there are existing email templates in Alfresco 3.1.1 and then an upgarde is performed (to either 3.2.0 or 3.2r) the templates are still present and in the same place as they were but can no longer be selected when specifiying a template to use when creating a 'Send email to specified user' action in a rule.
[ Steps for replication ]
- install Alfresco 3.1.1
- upload the attached email templates into Data Dictionary -> Email Templates
- confirm that you can select them in the following exercise:
- create a test space
- for this space create a new rule for all items, inbound with the action 'Send email to specified user' and confirm that there are templates to select in the drop-down
- upgrade this 3.1.1 instance to 3.2r
- create a new test space
- for this space create a new rule for all items, inbound with the action 'Send email to specified user'
[ Expected behaviour ]
The Select Template drop-down lists the available templates.
[ Actual Behaviour ]
No templates are listed in the drop-down.
[ Additional notes ]
This problem does not occur on a clean installation of Alfresco, only an upgrade one.
An additional test was to emulate the folder structure on a clean installation under Data Dictionary -> Email Templates bu creating two additional folders called 'Invite Email Templates' and 'Notify Email Templates' and populating these folders with the relevant template but this made no difference.
No problems were experienced during the upgrade but a log is available if required.