• Original issue described in Jira
ALF-14684 (https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALF-14684): RSS Dashlet cannot display RSS feed produced by Share’s blog. This Jira was closed-without-fixing. This Jira replaces ALF-14684.
• Customers Description of the problem:
“I am the site Manager and creator. I have added an RSS Dashlet to the Main Dashboard and I have two Issues:
1. When I refresh the Page the dashlet loses its feed (The message reads 'RSS feed is not available')
2. When I restart the Server the Alfresco Services. The Dashlet previously saved to the Site no longer appears.”
Supporting evidence: See Jira
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create new site
2. Customize site -> Add Blog
3. Add content to blog , publish internal + external
4. Click RSS Feed in blog and record link
4. Add RSS Dashlet
5. Configure RSS Dashlet to use Blog feed
6. Observe no feed content in RSS Dashlet
The blogs RSS feed will show in the RSS Dashlet.
The RSS Dashlet has no content.
Analysis to date
This seems to tread the line between a bug and a new feature and it's possible this isn't feasible, but the customer involved is very upset and requesting a full or workaround fix in the 4.1.4 SP.
Implementing a fix on either the producer or consumer end would help satisfy the customer:
- Provide a method to allow unauthenticated access to the feeds globally or preferably by site or site/module
- Provide options in the RSS dashlet for specifying basic authentication credentials
If it is feasible to make these or similar changes to allow the RSS dashlet to consume Share's own feeds the customer has escalated a request for this to be included in the 4.1.4 SP.